The affordable law firm.
Our employment and labour law firm provides the most competitive value in the industry. Unlike the traditional law firm, our lawyers got rid of the billable hour target. We don’t have a corporate or a commercial real estate practice to prop up, so we don’t have to rely on the same business models that larger national law firms use to stay afloat. Rather, Dutton’s business model is simple: charge a fair price, with no surprises, and clients will refer more work to us than the other guy.
What we promise you:
- Estimate the price of all services in an honest and transparent manner;
- Offer the most completive rates in the industry for the same high quality services offered at national law firms; and
- Charge the advertised price and nothing more.
What sets us apart:
- Never doing unneeded work;
- Never taking longer than it should to do something;
- Never going over budget unless otherwise instructed;
- Never charging our clients for administrative work; and
- Never charging our clients anytime they want to discuss administrative matters.
Our law firm can afford to offer the most competitive rates in downtown Toronto because we operate like a startup – former Bay Street lawyers working in a specialized, high technology environment. We don’t pay to keep a paralegal or clerk for every lawyer like some national firms, but that means that the lawyer here is the one working for and speaking to the client, always, and we think clients will see the value in that.